Tattoos are permanent additions to your body. You’re going to wear them for the rest of your life. As you look through tattoo designs, you might find yourself wondering if there are tattoos specifically for men. Whether you are interested in artistic tattoos, impressive tattoos, cool tattoos, or super masculine tattoos, this gallery is sure to inspire. We’ve collected dozens of different tattoo designs to inspire you. We also have the meaning and symbolism behind the common men’s tattoo designs, along with fancy tattoo lotion recommendations for your aftercare. If you are interested in learning about the meaning behind tattoos or if you are just looking for inspiration, pull up a tattoo stool and feel free to browse below and find what you’re looking for!
Our Tattoo Pre- and Aftercare Product Recommendations for You
|Product Name||Product Type||Where to get it|
|Hustle Tattoo Butter||Tattoo Aftercare Cream|
|HUSH anesthetic||Tattoo Numbing Gel|
|H2Ocean SPF 45 Sea Life||Tattoo Sunscreen|
Got a new tattoo? Thinking about getting one? Remember how important tattoo aftercare is! Below is our favorite tattoo aftercare product. Read our full reviews here!
Men’s Tattoos with Meaning
Many tattoo designs were improvised from designs that are over a century old! Popular symbols, such as anchors, ships, sparrows, and pin up girls are inspired by Sailor Jerry tattoos, which date back to quite a while ago. We have a full article discussing the meaning of these Sailor Jerry tattoos. We have listed some of the other masculine tattoos below, along with their meaning. Use lidocaine cream if you don’t want to deal with the pain of getting a mens tattoo (although I sort of doubt you would need one!).
- Skull – Like tattoos, death is permanent. Skulls are a constant reminder of the fleeting nature of life. In a way, this brevity allows life—and skull tattoos—to be more beautiful.
- Cross – These represent sacrifice and devotion. It’s a simple way of telling others that you are a spiritual person, and an excellent way of devoting your body as a temple to your god.
- Phoenix – These birds represent eternal life and transformation. If you experienced hardship and came out better or stronger because of it, the phoenix can be a symbol of your life and triumph.
- Star – Stars are a sign of success and dreams. People who wear stars as tattoos might be optimistic, but they know how to work hard to achieve their dreams.
- Dragon – Eastern dragons represent wisdom, while western dragons can represent strength and courage. They are very spiritual creatures and symbolize a strength of character.
- Birds – The symbolism of birds changes depending on what kind of bird you get. Owls can mean wisdom, eagles can mean strength, and sparrows can mean freedom. Vultures, like skulls, represent death and temporary things. Doves are the complete opposite, representing life, hope, eternal devotion, and renewal.
Don’t have a tattoo yet? Thinking about getting one? You can ease the pain by using a special numbing cream or spray for tattoo sessions. Below is our favorite tattoo numbing product. Read our full reviews here!
Men’s Tattoo Quotes
Combining your tattoo with a quote is an excellent way of making your tattoo more unique and personalized. Thanks to the internet, looking for meaningful quotes is simple. There are many sites dedicated just to finding inspirational quotes, and they even allow you to browse by theme. When narrowing down the potential quotes, make sure to go with one that you can live by. Take one that you find personal inspiration from. It should be able to inspire you for more than just your first read, since you’ll be reading it again and again for the rest of your life. If you have trouble finding a quote, you can check out our article on the topic. If you still are having trouble, don’t be afraid to let your idea sit on the back burner for a while. Tattoos are permanent, so what is waiting a few extra months to ensure that your tattoo is perfect? Not much. When you have your design set in stone, grab some tattoo numbing spray and find the right artist! If you are an artist, grab a good tattoo chair and tattoo table to give your men the perfect tattoo experience.
Tattoos can fade when exposed to the sun! Make sure you protect your skin and especially your ink when you enjoy the great days outside. Below is our favorite tattoo sunscreen product. Read our full reviews here!
Other Men’s Tattoos Designs
Given the huge interest in Cool Tattoos for Men, we gathered some more tattoo design ideas. Sure, not all of them are elusively for men as most can be considered somewhat sure gender neutral. Nevertheless, as you have seen (and will see) the above (and below) designs have a really masculine touch. If you are looking for some with more to it than what meets the eye, check out our Tattoo Ideas for Mean with Deeper Meaning. As you might have seen, there aren’t any leg sleeves shown here. This because, leg sleeves have become so popular amongst men, that we decided to dedicate a complete separate article and gallery to them. Check it out here: Leg Sleeves For Men.
Hopefully, this article has helped you create a good initial design for your men’s tattoo. The gallery below contains dozens of images that are sure to inspire. If you enjoyed reading this, be sure to check out the other articles on InkDoneRight! There are more tattoo galleries, historical articles, interviews, Tattoo AfterCare and features from around the world! As always, thanks for reading.