Rib Tattoos for Girls
A huge selection of rib tattoos for girls might seem daunting, if you want to find a design you love. The rib cage makes for an excellent place for tattoos, after all—since your body curves over a large, continuous area. A fair amount of fine details fit inside of rib tattoos, so artists go crazy with creativity. Since you can choose whether or not to reveal this tattoo based on what you feel like wearing, this location boasts an element of surprise. Business attire? It vanishes. Out swimming? Suddenly you show an extra something to brag about to your friends. While the area is sometimes a painful location for getting a tattoo, lidocaine cream completely solves that problem. If you are an artist, make sure to use an appropriate tattoo chair or customizable tattoo table so that you can see your client’s entire rib cage during the tattoo session.
About Rib Tattoos for Girls
Because it’s such a large area, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of designs to choose from. The area isn’t as visible as your back, but it is still a good area to reflect who you are. Some common designs are flowers, birds, and tribal motifs—something you’ll see on every part of the body. During aftercare, it’s easy to use tattoo lotion on your rib cage without requesting help from someone else (as you would with a back tattoo). But the rib cage lends itself to some other types of designs that have a deeper meaning.
Ideas for Rib Tattoos for Girls
- Skulls: While you might associate skulls with danger or death, tattoo skulls more likely reference mortality and temporary life. Everyone likes to claim that tattoos are permanent—but they tend to forget that life is fleeting, too. Skulls represent an affinity and understanding of both permanence and time. Nothing remains in this world permanently, and death puts an end to all things, eventually.
- Dreamcatcher: You can use dreamcatchers to capture or repel bad dreams before they reach you in your sleep. So, why not carry that protection around with you all day? Dreamcatcher tattoos may serve to give their bearer some peace of mind and keep them from focusing on negative thoughts—something anyone could use!
- Sunflower: Like roses, sunflowers create their own distinct meaning. Associated with the countryside, their yellow color bursts with happiness. They represent truth and focus because they grow towards the sun. Although it does contain these deep meanings, I find that people with sunflower tattoos usually get them to remember their loved ones—people who passed on and only left their fondness for flowers behind.
- Stars: Stars represent the height of perfection, fate, and luck. We associate stars with…well, stardom and success. They can add a beautiful dazzle to any tattoo, even if they only exist to accent the main feature of your tattoo. Shooting stars can also represent certain types of love—passionate, but fleeting.
- Animal Print: Patterns fill the animal world to the brim, and naturally, a lot of them look stunning. Sharing the attributes of an animal shows your wild side and your attunement to nature. Even if you’re quiet, it’s a good way to broadcast your inner self to others. Each animal has its own specific meaning, but all of them show a strong soul.
Other Rib Tattoo Ideas
The amount of variation of rib tattoos for girls doesn’t stop here. Just grab numbing cream for larger tattoo ideas on the rib cage and get creative. The area lends itself well to displaying phrases alongside images—something that you can’t pull off well when you try it on your legs, sleeves, or neck without compromising legibility. No other place shows off your inner beauty more. You can browse through our gallery to see some examples of rib cage tattoos for girls—and if you like them, don’t forget to follow our Pinterest for more images! Maybe you also will find some further inspiration in other tattoo designs like the Roman Numeral Tattoos or White Ink Tattoos.
As always, thanks for reading!